At Start Today Hennepin, we go above and beyond to make sure your life is made easier by providing you a wide range of resources that are accessible to you at any given time during the day. Take a look at the resources below, read more about what we offer, and see what makes us different than the rest.
1010 Currie Ave
2211 Clinton Ave South
Minneapolis, MN 55404
2315 chicago Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55404
2740 1st Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408
PSP (Families w/children only)
614 S 3rd St. Minneapolis, MN 55415
The Bridge (Youth only)
**Please call shelter for specific intake processes as each shelter may vary.
For information on Cash Assistance, Child Care Assistance, Emergency Assistance and Health Care Assistance, please click the Hennepin County link below.
Benefit questions call: 612-596-1300
Shelter Team call: 612-348-9410
Mental Health Resources
**If you are having a mental health crisis, and feel unsafe to yourself or others please call
COPE (24 hours)
For other Mental Health
related issues and Crisis
Hotlines, please click the link below:
For a list of food shelves, other community agencies that help with housing assistance, clothing, or transportation assistance please contact United Way ( Dial 211) and an operator can assist you with these resources and more.
Professional Statement of Need (PSN): https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-7122-ENG
Shelter Verification Form (SVF): https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-2952-ENG
SSI Interim Assistance Authorization (SSI): https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-1795-ENG
Interim Assistance Agreement (IAA): https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-1795A-ENG
Household Report Form (HUF): https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-2120-ENG
Change Report Form: https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-2402-ENG
Employment Verification Form: https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-2146-ENG
Combined Application Form (CAF): https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-5223-ENG
Combined Six-Month Report Form: https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-5576-ENG
Voluntary Vendor Form: https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-2984-ENG
Housing Stabilization Services (HSS)
Housing Stabilization Services is a Medical Assistance benefit to help people with disabilities and seniors find and keep housing. Housing stabilization services are state plan (not waiver) Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS).
For eligibility, please click here: Housing Stabilization Services (state.mn.us)
Get an Assessment!
* Qualified professional, like a mental health professional, nurse practitioner, or doctor.
* A Certified assessor (with a MnCHOICES assessment) Senior care coordinator, or Coordinated entry assessor
STEP 2. Make a Person-Centered Plan!
* If you don’t have any of these people helping you, you can get help making a Housing Focused Person-Centered Plan from a registered housing consultant.*If you have a MA-Waiver case manager, senior care coordinator, or targeted case manager, that person will help you update your plan to include Housing Stabilization Services.
Remember, you get to decide which provider will help you with housing transition and housing sustaining services.
STEP 3. Get Approved!
Your assessment, proof of disability, and your Person-Centered Plan are submitted to the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) for approval.
Once approved, you will meet with your assigned case manager to formulate your ongoing plan and services needed.
Get Started with Genoa
Dedicated to serving and celebrating people from all backgrounds.
Genoa's services are all at NO COST and include:
* Specialized bubble-packaging, including sorting medications by dose times to encourage medication adherence.
* Mail/Delivery to individual client homes, your clinic, or residential treatment centers.
* Monthly refill reminders/wellness calls to avoid last minute calls to providers.
* Online portal for clinic staff to view client profiles.
* Accept any insurance, as well as provide hardship assistance for uninsured consumers.
Ready to move your medications to Genoa? Connect with your pharmacy team to get started:
1155 Ford Road, Suite C
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
Contact your case manager direct for information or call 612.843.4230.